This is a normally open, balanced poppet, switching element. When pilot pressure is applied to port 3, the poppet remains open until the pilot pressure reaches the setting established by the integral pilot relief stage, at which point the poppet shifts to the closed position.
- Unique balanced construction provides predictable switching with 5000 psi (350 bar) at both port 1 and port 2. When the remote pressure signal at port 3 exceeds the internal valve setting, the valve shifts to the closed position.
- Any backpressure at the drain port is directly additive to the valve setting.
- Valve will open when the pilot pressure falls below 145 psi (10 bar).
- These valves are hydraulically balanced between port 1 and port 2.
- Port 1 and port 2 are fully sealed from port 3 and port 4. Ports 3 and 4 are positively sealed.
- Leakage rate between port 1 and port 2 is very low, typically less than 10 drops/min. at 5000 psi (0,7 cc/min at 350 bar).
- All ports will accept 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
15 gpm60 L/min.|
Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||
400 psi28 bar|
Maximum Operating Pressure||
5000 psi350 bar|
Control Pilot Flow||
See Performance DataSee Performance Data|
Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||
10 drops/min.@5000 psi0,7 cc/min.@350 bar|
Valve Hex Size||
7/8 in.22,2 mm|
Valve Installation Torque||
30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||
5/32 in.4 mm|
Locknut Hex Size||
9/16 in.15 mm|
80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
Seal kit - Cartridge||
How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?
||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct acting, pilot operated, what do I use?
||Direct acting valves are used to prevent over pressure and pilot operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
I need to discharge a large accumulator. How can I increase the capacity of my discharge circuit?
||Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.