DPBNKAN - 2-way, pilot operated, directional valve with drain to port 4 - normally closed
Part Number: DPBNKAN
Manufacturer: Sun Hydraulics
Normally closed, pilot-operated, 2-way directional cartridges are switching devices typically used in moderate flow circuits. They can be used by themselves or to actuate larger pilot operated directional cartridges or logic cartridges. The valve shifts when the pressure differential between port 1 and port 4 exceeds the setting.
- Port 4 can be blocked to prevent the valve from shifting.
- Port 3 can be used as a work port.
- Direct-acting and pilot-operated versions of these valves are interchangeable. They fit the same cavities and have the same flow paths.
- Pressure at port 4 is directly additive to the setting of the valve.
- This valve is not bistable; it is capable of modulating between the two positions shown.
- Maximum pressure at port 3 should be limited to 3000 psi (210 bar). This is due to fatigue strength limits not hydraulic operating limits.
- When pilot pressure exceeds the valve setting, pilot flow may be a consideration. See performance curves for pilot consumption vs. load pressure above the valve setting. If this is a problem, the direct acting version of this valve would be a solution.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 gpm28 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||7 - 10 in³/min.0,11 - 0,16 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||1 in³/min.@1000 psi15 cc/min.@70 bar|
|Adjustment - Number of Clockwise Turns to Increase Setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.60 lb0,30 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990-021-006|
|How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.|
|I used a DP** in a circuit but it hangs. What happened?||DP**s and DR**s are from the reducer/reliever family and are very capable of modulating. They are not bistable.|
|Where would I use a DR__ instead of a DP__?||In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.|
|Direct acting, pilot operated, what do I use?||Direct acting valves are used to prevent over pressure and pilot operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.|